Unfortunately, we are wearing masks more and more and we have to accept that its now part of our everyday life for the foreseeable future. BUT….we do not have to accept MASKNE.
Maskne is caused by the hot damp air that we breath out, bacteria, dirt and oil becoming trapped on our skin by the masks. This can then cause blocked pores, pustules, dry patches and sensitivity.
Here are some tips that we have put together to help you combat Maskne
- Cleanse and tone your skin thoroughly before and after wearing your mask. Cleansing removes dirt, pollution, excess oil and bacteria.
- We recommend using a Dermalogica cleanser (prescribed by your therapist) and ultra calming mist for soothing.
- Try to avoid wearing make up under your mask. This can add to blocking the pores.
- Change your mask regularly. If it is reusable, wash it every day. Disposable? Put it in the bin after use.
- Exfoliate and use a mask once a week to help with congestion. Dermalogica Daily microfoliant and Charcoal mask are great for decongesting and brightening the skin.
- Dermalogica Barrier repair is great to use on sensitive patches that have been caused by wearing your mask.
We have a fantastic Maskne facial available. A 30 minute deep cleansing facial that can be had as often as once a week. This can be fitted into your lunch break or at the end of the day. A deep cleanse and tone, exfoliation and a mask. Your skin will feel brighter and clearer.
Don’t forget your eyes! Wearing a mask and/or a visor can change the way we use the muscles around the eyes. The hot damp air that we breath out can also cause sensitivity and puffiness around the eyes. Use Dermalogica stress eye lift every day. Keep it in the fridge for extra soothing. We also recommend jade rollers to ease puffiness and help with soothing and calming the eye area.
If you have any questions or would like some advice, please feel free to contact us. We are here to help.